F. George McDuffee

As the Enco 1024 is an import it is almost certain that you have
module [metric] gears and not P.D. [inch] gears.

See Law's book on gear cutting for indepth discussion of P.D. v
module. see http://www.powells.com/biblio/66-0852429118-1

I have this book and find it to be a valuable reference in
addition to telling you how to cut both involute and cycloid
gearing. Powell's is good to deal with.

======================================

On Mon, 15 Aug 2005 17:06:23 -0500, Rex B wrote:

I'm trying to replace some crashed spur gears in the QC box on an Enco
1024. Enco is no help. I downloaded a Martin Gear Catalog and am
trying to figure out what to order.

I'm measuring a Pitch Diameter = .773
How do I determine what the pressure angle is?

The valley between each tooth is radiused. Martin calls that a
Shaper-cut profile. Is that significant?

The guy a Purvis Bearing talked like this is rocket science.
Is there a better way to do this?