Wayne Cook

On Mon, 15 Aug 2005 21:42:33 -0400,
wrote:

On Tue, 16 Aug 2005 01:25:04 GMT, "Tom Gardner"
wrote:

"Wayne Cook" wrote in message
. ..
On Mon, 15 Aug 2005 19:56:51 GMT, "Tom Gardner"
wrote:

Seal-All from a auto parts store...MAGIC!!!

Agreed!!

There are only a few MAGIC things out there, Kroil is another.

And the seal all is not a permanent repair. After about 3 years you
get to do it over.
I wash them out with HOT water, then shoot a CO2 extinguisher into the
tank before welding. Ore use the inert gas from your Mig/Tig welder.

Hmm. It may not be permanent but it's darn sure better than that. I
guess in some situations it might only last that long. Let's see. I
think it's been on the gas tank of my lawn mower for 12-15 years now.
It was on the radiator of my Toyota for 5 years before I had to redo
it.

Of course I'm not saying that welding isn't needed on gas tanks. I
do it when I have to. But for many things Seal All will work and do a
good job.

As far as the way to weld on gas tanks. Well get all the gas you can
out with what ever method works for that particular tank and what
you've got available. Many methods have been posted so far. Then purge
the tank with some form of inert gas. I use CO2 myself.

Wayne Cook
Shamrock, TX
http://members.dslextreme.com/users/waynecook/index.htm