Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

"Boris Mohar" wrote in message
On Tue, 16 Aug 2005 12:33:25 GMT, "Joe AutoDrill"
wrote:

Anyone have any experience using two-part epoxy on painted metal? I need
"pull" some painted metal similar to automotive sheet metal into position
and hot glue simply doesn't stick well enough.

It'd be worth the effort to look up some specialty hot-melts before you give
up.

One in particular comes to mind; it's a woodworker's hot-melt containing a
portion of beeswax. You can smell it. It has AMAZING tack and flexibility,
without that "plasticy" feel of most hot-melts.

I'll bet it would grab most any clean surface strongly enough to do what you
want.
It melts at about 275F, and is soluble in hot paraffin or polyester adipate.

LLoyd