Todd H.

"Mark" writes:
Plastic "chair mat" seems to be almost the right solution.
But the problem is that one plastic mat is very expensive. And I need a
lot.

Another problem, it will be real ugly.
Where can I find big sheets made from the same material?

Yeah, asthma and carpets are bad news from folks I know who have the
disease. Most have hardwood floors throughout their places, but
obviously when renting, you don't have the luxury of choosing your
flooring necessarily. Hardwood won't be found at affordable rents
anyway.

Have you considered a similar effect achieved from laying inexpensive
roll linoleum over your carpet? It should be cheaper than the
thickness of chair mat plastic would cost to cover your entire place,
and have the same effect of keeping the nasties down in the carpet
undisturbed. It would also look more like a home and less like a
laboratory when yer done.

The ultimate solution is another place to live that is free of the
irritants that aggravate your asthma, but until then, roll lineoleum
or the like might be your best bet if you and your doctor can't get
your tolerance of the irritants under control.

Best Regards,
--
Todd H.
http://www.toddh.net/