anon

my dad had a $100K judgment against someone with a lien on the guy's house.
His daughter forged a release from my father, forged notarization by her
employer (who was a notary) and all that.

my dad got wind of it & was legally 1st in line on that house. The guy who
bought it had title insurance, which paid my father. Otherwise, he would've
lost his house.

it probably is rare, but it does happen.

And a title insurance company doesn't? They are providing title
insurance, which certainly is of economic value. Without it, where
would you be if someone shows up someday from the past, with a claim
against the property?

how often does that happen, in real life?