AlexW

I've been given a small quantity of slate tiles 300mm sq by 10mm thick.

There won't be many spare ones, so I'm keen to cut them without
wastage.

What's the best way ? I have both a tile cutter and an angle grinder.

Never cut slate this way (although I will be soon) ... but a diamond
blade on a table style (wet) tile cutter is a good idea for thicker tiles.

I have on occasion found a diamond blade on a grinder handy for the
"tricky bits" on tiles too (but generally more dusty, than the fixed
version).

I'd be interested to hear how you get on...

HTH,

Alex.