John Flanagan

On Mon, 15 Aug 2005 16:47:00 -0400, Ned Simmons
wrote:
If you've got a collet block and a rotary table, perhaps
this setup, which happens to be on my rotary table right
now, would work. Shown with the table rotated in two
positions.

http://www.suscom-maine.net/~nsimmon...eadDieSet1.JPG
http://www.suscom-maine.net/~nsimmon...eadDieSet2.JPG

A v-block is clamped to the rotary table and a square
collet block is held in the v-block by the machinist clamp.
The collet block is mounted with enough room underneath to
tighten the collet without disturbing the block.

I've been using it to make variations of this prototype
part on a BP...

http://www.suscom-maine.net/~nsimmons/news/HeadDie.jpg

Too much work!!! I'm looking for something for the lazy man :^)!
Quick, simple, good enough for government work..... (no heavy lifting
a big plus).

John

Please note that my return address is wrong due to the amount of junk email I get.
So please respond to this message through the newsgroup.