DoN. Nichols

In article ,
Ignoramus9179 wrote:
I built a self starting phase converter with a 10 HP idler and two 92
mF capacitors. It works great and starts in under 2 seconds.

I also have a very similar looking Century 7.5HP motor. They 10 HP and
7.5 HP look similar.

This 7.5 HP motor would NOT spin up from two other capacitors. If I
wire it with three capacitors (I have 5 total, 2 already used in the
main phase converter), it would spin up, but it takes it about 5
seconds to do so and it warms up appreciably. What gives?

What is the RPM of the idler which you are using, and the motor
which you are *trying* to use? You may need a different capacitance for
a different RPM motor.

Another tidbit is that the 7.5 HP motor starts just fine from 3 phase
output of my phase converter. I do not think that it is a bad
motor. Maybe some caps out of these three are in bad condition.

Or -- you just may need more of them.

Enjoy,
DoN.

--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564