quietguy

"Percival P. Cassidy" wrote:

When we were looking for a house recently, we signed an exclusive
buyer's agency with a realtor (who happened to be an old friend of my
wife's family, otherwise we might well not have signed such an
agreement). One of the provisions in the standard contract form was that
if we bought a house (even if it was one we found ourselves) within some
specified time period (three months, I think), he was still to get his cut.

That is a pretty silly thing to do - why would you do that? A senior moment?

David

No doubt there would be corresponding provisions in a seller's agency

This is basically unavoidable, and for good reasons