andrewpreece

wrote in message
oups.com...
I've been given a small quantity of slate tiles 300mm sq by 10mm thick.

There won't be many spare ones, so I'm keen to cut them without
wastage.

What's the best way ? I have both a tile cutter and an angle grinder.

When you say 'tile cutter', do you mean a flat bed one with a diamond grit
disc
and a water tray to lubricate the disc as it cuts? Only IMO that's what you
need,
and I've cut many 30cmx30cm slate tiles that way.
I'll stick my neck out and say that one of those scratch-and-break things
for
snapping tiles in half won't work on slate tiles of 10mm thickness.

A diamond wheel wet flat-bed cutter can be yours for £40 if you haven't got
one.
A grinder with a stone-cutting wheel will work but you'll get lots of dust
and
probably inaccurate cuts.

Andy.