Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
Andy Hall wrote:
But they're frequently rolled on, with a small gap of say a week
between. Fortunately, the law now sees this as continual employment.

In reality it makes very little difference, other than to the basis of a
severance payment.

It was thought to be one way to have what amounts to an employee, but
without having to pay holiday and sick pay etc. Or allow them into a
pension scheme.

Individuals can't afford to go to law against an employer.

That's untrue. I've done it myself in the past, and I'm very much
an individual.

But not one on the minimum legal rate - or anywhere near that?

Possibly, although there are such things as legal aid etc.

Legal aid to sue an employer? You cannot be serious. ;-)

--
*A closed mouth gathers no feet.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.