Andy Hall

On Mon, 15 Aug 2005 22:51:59 +0100, "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

In article ,
Andy Hall wrote:
Don't be silly. You simply ignore the law as many do, or try to get
round it with short term contracts.

If contracts are short term, then that should be obvious to the employee
before he takes the job and the implications as to why from the
timescale offered.

But they're frequently rolled on, with a small gap of say a week between.
Fortunately, the law now sees this as continual employment.

In reality it makes very little difference, other than to the basis of
a severance payment.

Individuals can't afford to go to law against an employer.

That's untrue. I've done it myself in the past, and I'm very much an
individual.

But not one on the minimum legal rate - or anywhere near that?

Possibly, although there are such things as legal aid etc.

--

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl