Rod

Chris Hodges wrote in
. uk:

snipped
But what are the IEC plugs in the kettles rated at (assuming a
cordless kettle)? 10A IIRC, and France runs/ran on 220V (OK it's 230
nominal now, just like here).

Who cares about IEC plugs! The kettle does not have a kettle lead. (Sounds
daft but you know what I mean. The flex is hard-wired into the base unit of
the kettle. Unless the round 'cordless' connector also conforms to some IEC
standard?) And then that would mean that the French and German versions
differ in a pretty significant component from the UK version.

[Yippeee - the German version is available in white! So I now have to
decide if a) the price including postage is acceptable and b) the 2200 watt
model is OK. Suppose I had better check the Dutch market as well...]

However, I have now started to understand the IEC connectors a little bit.
But will a C15A fit into a C16 (or is it the other way round)?

Your point about 10A does seem to make some sort of sense. Just not sure
where the limit lies.

If French electrics are so bad, why are we seeing such active disparagement
between USAian and UK people about their respective systems? Club together
to send our beloved deputy thingummyjig to Paris post haste... Part le P
est arrivée.

I really did not expect such a huge thread about BA/Gate Gourmet. Even
though the partner of person I work with is a manager for GG!

--
Rod