CL (dnoyeB) Gilbert

Mike wrote:
On Mon, 15 Aug 2005 07:42:43 +0100, "crofter" wrote:

is there anything to stop someone seeing a house, then going direct to the
seller, and arranging a private (comm. free, on both sides) sale?

Yes. Typically the contract a person signs when listing his home with
the sellers agaen prohibits this. If it does occur, the listing agent
can sue for hsi portion.

I think family are exempt from this. but otherwise yes the contract
would prevent that direct sale. In fact they often have clauses that if
the house gets sold within 30 days of them being terminated as your
agent they still get comission. Though I think I would fight that one,
but its in there...

--
Respectfully,

CL Gilbert