Default trouble-shooting water-soaked crawlspace insualtion

I noticed my carpet was moist in a spot in my house. So I knew
something was not right.
I went into my crawlspace and saw where the insulation was soaked
especially near the center of the house near where plumbing pipes are.
There were some small puddles of water. In the past I have had a leak
in my condensation line from my air conditioner that caused the same
problems.
I first went to check my water meter to see if there was a
property-side leak in my plumbing system...no indication of that.
There was no smell to indicate drainage leak from sewer discharge.
Plus, most of the water was in the insulation...just some water puddle.
I heard no dripping. I called the on-call plumber and he suggested it
was more likely the AC based on the conditions I described.
I had the AC repair come and they determined it was not the
condensation line or refrigeration line. He told me that he didn't
think it was plumbing or Id have a lot more water in the crawlspace and
would have noticed wet areas in areas of the house where plumbing is.

He told me it was probably moisture build-up from humidity. Since it
was in the center of the crawlspace and was dry near the crawlspace
entrance. Does this sound plausible?
The insulation is soaked, I have foundation vents and plastic on the
crawlspace soil floor.

Any ideas on what is going on? remedies??