PC Paul

mike ring wrote:
"PC Paul" wrote in
:

Me too. I use to feel that way but it got to be a pain when I was
away from home.

Since I use a mail forwarding service (mail.com) I have that set now
to forward my mail both to my ISP for OE use, and to my gmail account
(got to get that 2493MB filled somehow!).

I use popfile for Spam filtering, BTW. Works very well after the
first few days training - only have to teach it a new type of Spam
about once a fortnight now.

I've never got on with training filters, and I don't like downloading
any part of spam, so I've always uswed Mailwasher (old free version).

A few simple rules catch just about all spams, and as I've got to
eyeball the headers anyway, just to be sure, it suits me and is IMO
much quicker all round.

I'm trying poptray now, and it seems just as good, maybe a bit better
on entering rules.

I've used Mailwasher before, it's OK but I find popfile is much more
flexible (It can sort my mail into categories other than 'SPAM' and 'NOT
SPAM' very easily, and add a header to them for later sorting into
mailboxes.

And it doesn't need extensive whitelists when it guesses wrong...