WillR

Pretty hard to see anything. The area is so cluttered It is difficult to =

tell where the board is.

Try again with a "clean" and neutral background and pay attention to the =

following details as well.

The focus is pretty fuzzy. You were too close. Back up and try again at=20
your highest resolution and an f-stop of 8 or greater -- then the focal=20
range might be sufficient that one can actually see the board.

You can use an f-stop of 5.6 or less if you are showing a "flat-on" view.=

Thin boards will warp a lot in high humidity. 3/8" is fairly thin... so..=
=2E

You may have to put them between heavy objects and flatten them for a whi=
le.

zz wrote:
just imported 3 pairs of bookmatched maple tops and i was dissapointed
as to the quality of the boards....as this is the first time i have
purchased this type of product perhaps my expectations were a lttle
high....the figuring seems to be nice and look pretty much as
photographed prior to purchase....
=20
the boards however are warped from end to end and from side to
side....the warp is an even curl in both directions...across the board
it would be about 1/16 - 3/32 and about the same or a little more from
end to end....also the boards are fine sawn not dressed....

I presume that you would sand the boards, and would use a sled to hold=20
them flat.

i want to machine these to 1/4" and make guitar tops from these
boards..is this feasible??
or have I been sold substandard product??
am i expecting more than is normal for maple boards??
=20

From next post...
"by the way these boards are 22 1/2" x 7 3/4" x 3/8"
finshed size would be 16" x 7" x1/4"
thanks for any posts on the subject
zz "

Pretty thin. This warping is likely typical of a humid climate and a=20
thin board.

i have not published the name of the supplier and i guess if i have
been ripped off i would make sure that others are forewarned...
i would not know as i have no experience in buying this type of timber
see pics he
obviously i am showing the worst board
http://www.aargent.com.au/music/maple.htm
zz

--=20
Will R.
Jewel Boxes and Wood Art
http://woodwork.pmccl.com
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those=20
who have not got it.=94 George Bernard Shaw