zz

Default maple guitar tops question

just imported 3 pairs of bookmatched maple tops and i was dissapointed
as to the quality of the boards....as this is the first time i have
purchased this type of product perhaps my expectations were a lttle
high....the figuring seems to be nice and look pretty much as
photographed prior to purchase....

the boards however are warped from end to end and from side to
side....the warp is an even curl in both directions...across the board
it would be about 1/16 - 3/32 and about the same or a little more from
end to end....also the boards are fine sawn not dressed....

i want to machine these to 1/4" and make guitar tops from these
boards..is this feasible??
or have I been sold substandard product??
am i expecting more than is normal for maple boards??

i have not published the name of the supplier and i guess if i have
been ripped off i would make sure that others are forewarned...
i would not know as i have no experience in buying this type of timber
see pics he
obviously i am showing the worst board
http://www.aargent.com.au/music/maple.htm
zz