Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
andrewpreece wrote:
One possible explanation for 'toeing in' of a brake pad ( i.e. it wears
asymmetrically and develops a taper from one side to another ) is that
you have dual brake pistons/cylinders for each brake caliper, and one of
them is siezed. Typically, the seized piston will move the brake pad
against the brake disk when the brake is applied, but it will not
retract sufficiently again, even the tiny amount that is needed to free
it from the disk, when you remove your foot from the brake.

I'm sure they exist, but my largish BMW has single pistons both front and
rear. Makes for a very simple system. My old SD1 has four per caliper. ;-)

--
*I want it all and I want it delivered

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.