tim

You and I have about the same setup. I tried using argon from my
welding setup in my furnace I set the
argon to 5 cubic feet per min the oven had a few cracks in it so I set
the flow high just to see if it would work.Well it did'nt work and it
used alot of argon expensive .

I had a freind he was a dentist he had an oven about the size of yours
it was in a steel box and had about a 2 inch air space between the oven
and the box.

He used a compressor from a refrigerator to create a vacum .He would
heat the oven up to about 2000 deg. and but some kind of dental work in
it close the doors and turn on the vacum pump. I noticed the tempature
would drop a few hundred deg. when he turned the pump on but it would
quickly go back up.

I was wanting to try the same thing but never got around to it. Another
thing i was woundering about is when the part comes out of the
atmosfere controled furnace would it get the scale on it cooling down?
And how high of a vacum does it take?
TIM

http://metalworking.com/dropbox/_200...es/furnace.jpg
http://metalworking.com/dropbox/_200...ce-control.jpg