Harold and Susan Vordos

"Peter Wiley" wrote in message
. ..
In article , Harold and Susan Vordos
wrote:

snip---

Tell you what I'll do. When I'm finished building the house and I'm in

the
shop doing something constructive, I'll let you know what I can use and

I'll
buy them from you. I've always had a curiosity about your brushes.

I reckon he's pretty safe, judging by my experience with finishing
building houses. I moved out of the last one after 20 years and it
*still* wasn't finished. This time round I gave up right away, built
the small shop off the living room and moved in some of my tools. To
hell with aiming at finishing the house, I only work on it now when
I've run outa other things to do and I have a shop to play in on cold
nights without having to go outside. The kids can finish the house as
penance for inheriting the place.

There's no way I'm going to put off finishing that damned house from
hell-----particularly when I have a wife that has never badgered me to get
it finished, and has worked side by side with me every step of the way,
without complaining. She even drove to the laundromat until we could get
her washer and dryer up and running. At this point, it's sort of a contest
between me and the house, anyway! g

Next I'm building the big shop; I have 3 acres of land to spread out
over.......

For us, the shop came first, or almost first. The first thing we built was
our pump shed (so we'd have water), then the shop, all 2,600 square feet of
it. It is now home to us, while we build the house, and is a very cool
place. Tiled shower, with a toilet and lavatory. Built in vacuum cleaner
system, hydronic heating, (49) 8' 2 lamp fluorescent light fixtures, 3
phase power, and totally finished and painted inside, with synthetic stucco
exterior. It's nicer than some of the homes around us. Probably makes it
easier for you to understand my determination to get the house finished.
I won't have my shop back until I do. ;-)

By the way, we're on 5-1/2 acres, which was totally wooded when we purchased
it. Having lived in a sub-division prior, I can't imagine how I put up
with if for so many years. No way could I go back to living that way. I
really enjoy having space to waste, as I'm sure you do!

Harold