Jim Adney

On Sun, 14 Aug 2005 11:13:24 +0800 "Ben Galvin" wrote:

My problem is that my hard drive has 2 platters inside it (basically like 2
CDs stacked on top of each other with a 1cm gap between them), but I don't
know if I need to ensure that they stay perfectly aligned when I moved them
to the new spindle or not

My impression is that the relative position of the platters on a hard
drive is critical to their operation. I think your chance of success
here is zero.

You would have better luck seeing if you could do anything about
whatever is locking up the old bearings. Even then your odds are slim,
just because of the almost certainty of introducing dirt into the
drive, but slim odds are better than zero odds.

-
Jim Adney
Madison, WI 53711 USA