Capitol

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
So the banks etc *need* to move their call centres to India to survive?
For example?

Get used to the real world! If it's cheaper to do it elsewhere, it will
be done elsewhere (even if it is a foul up in the short term). We tried
being non competitive in the 70's and it took Thatcher to get us out of
the mess and give us todays standards of living(with significant help
from the Chinese). British Leyland has taken 30 years to die, the market
would have had a chance of preventing this if it had been allowed to go
into liquidation 30+ years ago. With lower costs available from Eastern
Europe, I'm amazed that airline catering is still in Heathrow. Catering
companies closely resemble holiday companies IME, ie any profit is
either illusory or temporary before they go broke!

Regards
Capitol