Owain

Ian Cornish wrote:
Most of the "stylish" light fittings on the high street seem to use
halogen bulbs, and are totally incompatible with energy saving bulbs.
Does anyone know where I can buy good quality stylish (modern) light
fittings that do like energy saving bulbs, or where I can get energy
saving versions of halogen bulbs?

Independent lighting shops usually only display the 'ordinary' versions,
but if you ask to look at their manufacturers' catalogues you will find
that quite a lot (about a third, last time I looked) are either suitable
for BC or ES energy saving bulbs, or can be obtained with control gear
for small fluorescents. They're used in pubs and hotels.

They will tend to be the bigger fittings with diffusers as there's no
equivalent of the small point source halogen in fluoro.

Owain