Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
Grunff wrote:
Totally agree - I've never understood the concept of going on strike - I
can't imagine ever not turning up to work in this way, and if I ever
did, I'd expect to lose my job.

And this is usually what happens. Think I've been technically sacked three
times. ;-)

I've felt this way in all my previous jobs too, where I would have had
a lot less say in the matter. The whole concept is just alien to me.

Contrary to general belief, few want to strike. After all you don't get
paid when on strike, and most work because they need the money to live on.

All strikes have a reason. And it takes two groups to create this reason -
workers and management. Unfortunately, the media rarely give the full
facts of the dispute. It's only when you become personally involved in one
that you realise this for certain.

--
*I brake for no apparent reason.

Dave Plowman London SW