MM

Default Part self-build? Any good?

I bought a copy of the Eastern Daily Press and was browsing the
property ads when I came upon one from a builder who is offering part
self-build as a way of acquiring a property. What the builder does is
build a complete shell with roof, and then you complete it yourself.
What you have to do a First and second fix carpentry, electric and
plumbing; plasterboard ceilings and half walls (where needed); ground
floor floorboards plus insulation; plaster and decorate inside and
out; fit kitchen and sanitary ware; driveways, patio, steps, paths,
garage floors and door; connect services; landscaping. Also, the
advert has on it "WITH NHBC". The prices are from £130K for a 3-bed
detached.

Any comments?

MM