Geoffrey

On Sun, 14 Aug 2005 00:18:39 GMT, "David Lang"
wrote:

Hi

OK, didn't want to tie up the group - but!

I run Windows XP Home. Swimbo just purchased a new PC. I want to save My
Documents (550MB) to a CD so I can re load it on to the new machine.

The alleged Wizard keeps coming up with the error message that it can't
complete the task.

Don't use the wizard and don't even think of using the M$ backup
protocols.

Do you have any other CD writing software? If all you want to do is
dump your "my documents" folder to CD then use Nero or (if you
absolutely have to) Roxio.

I think you will find it worth every penny to invest in a copy of
CD/DVD writing software. Personally I use Nero.

If you end up deciding your CD writer is knackered, DVD writers are
now under £30.

--
Warning: Do not look directly into laser with remaining eye.