Harry Collingwood

On 13 Aug 2005 14:01:03 -0700, wrote:

Harry:
More than likely there is a problem with a jammed loading mechanism....
gear?, cam?, slipping belt?, foreign debri in the VCR such as: a paper
tape label that has fallen off of a cassette and gotten inside the VCR?
paper clip? pencil? pen? ... or could be a faulty mode switch?.... or
even a bad cassette, try another.
What you described in your post is predictable and expected:

[snip]
Thanks for the info,it's been tried with a couple of cassettes,still
the same.Funny thing is if I use the remote it trips off,sometimes if
I use the main panel switches it stays on. An Infra Red sensor may be
causing it but from memory it's not likely.
As said I have the service manual so it means dragging the scope out
of the loft ang getting to work.Never could stand these intermittent
faults when in the business!Thanks again for the info,I'll check those
out.Regards