mac davis

On Sun, 14 Aug 2005 12:59:49 GMT, John B
wrote:

Dan Major wrote:
I just tried some spray poly on a small project. I like it because it's
convenient and quick (no brushes to clean up). The one small problem I had
is some slight orange peel (dimpling in the surface like cellulite).
What;s the best way to A) avoid this when using spray poly, and B) fix it
when it shows up?

G'day Dan,
The likely cause of the orange peel is to heavy a coat. Plenty of light
coats does the trick.
To remedy either
A) Lightly sand back with fine paper = 240 - 320 and re coat. Just sand
out the dimples, no need to sand of the poly.
B) Cut back with very fine paper = 600+ cut with a cutting compound and
polish.

I usually do (A) and have good results.
All the Best
John

I like to also (C?) finish it off with fine steel wool and Johnsons wax.... both
on the wiping poly that I use and the spray poly that the wife uses....

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing