Karl Vorwerk

That site wasn't mine. I just had an example of the press. I haven't done
any casting in years and only amateur stuff.
I'm not sure if there's enough material to sharpen it. It's now officially
on the back burner as I have to get five rental units ready to rent, one by
Wednesday and a house ready to move into by Monday. None of them mine
unfortunately.
Thanks for the ideas. It's good to bounce stuff off people here for ideas.
Thanks
Karl

"Roger Shoaf" wrote in message
A couple of ideas for you. The punch is probably dull and that should be
able to be sharpened, the die may be a little dull also You might be able
to carefully dress the punch on a bench grinder, and the die you can
probably lap. You might have to shim a little to make this work after
sharpening.

Second Idea is to take it to a tool and die man. To him whipping this
into
shape is a trifle, and you can offer to trade foundry service for his
skills. Those arrangements usually work out to be a win win situation.

To make a full job of this you might even consider japanning the castings.
Japanning is a real hard shiny black finish that looks like a million
bucks.
check out:

http://www.cranialstorage.com/wood/html/japanning.html
--

Roger Shoaf

About the time I had mastered getting the toothpaste back in the tube,
then
they come up with this striped stuff.
"Karl Vorwerk" wrote in message
I'm cleaning a Roovers label maker. It needed lubing. I've got it feeding
and printing OK but when I cut the AL ribbon the pin punch for the hole
snags the tag preventing release. I think it's rust on the punch
snagging
the AL and a dull punch. The hole is a little short of a clean cut.
Any quick fixes? Odds are it will go back in service with a screwdriver
beside it to pop out the label. Here's a link to a similar one:
http://www.coutant.org/adolf/3821.jpg
Thanks
Karl