Eric

x-no-archive: no

.. wrote:

x-no-archive: yes

"Ignoramus19325" wrote in message
.. .
I recently bought (for $50, non working condition) and fixed up a
little a used 10 HP Sears Craftsman garden tractor.

It is relatively heavy. Maybe 300 lbs or so. With me on it, it would
be 475 lbs.

Sometimes I need to move heavy things. Can I use this tractor to help
them move along? Is the transmission/drive/engine designed for that?

As a related thought, do they take snow plowing attachments?

thanks

Some take snow plowing attachments and some don't.

You will be able to push or pull just the smallest of items, similar to
what bulk and weight of what you can move by hand. Other than that, you
might find belts smoking or mechanisms bending or breaking. The little
Sear Craftsman tractors just don't hold up to heavy use. I have tried to
do this, only to find myself underneath the tractor removing pulley
attachments to straighten them in my vice.

For the money, vs a new Sears tractor and a used farm tractor, I would
choose a used farm tractor, similar to a Ford 8n or 9n. You can pick up a
8n or 9n used often for about $1500.00 in good running condition. If you
want to do a lot of work, that would be the way to go. And for snow
removal, they are great with a drag blade on back.