PaPaPeng

On 12 Aug 2005 07:43:49 -0700, wrote:

get all iced up,

Your compressor works OK. Your sensors work too except the iceover
gives them false readings. The cold air transfer duct between the
freezer compartment to the fridge compartment is likely iced up and
blocked.

The easiest fix is to remove all your foodstuffs from the fridge and
put them in you picnic cooler. Switch off the power and leave the
doors open overnight. This will let the ice in the cold air transfer
duct thaw. The duct is within the fridge's wall insulation and won't
thaw otherwise. There is as much as a mugfull of water. I have to do
this two to three times a year because I have too little food in the
fridge (live alone) and there isn't enough thermal mass to buffer the
temperature when I open the frisge door.