meirman

In alt.home.repair on Sat, 13 Aug 2005 23:21:18 GMT "Edwin Pawlowski"
posted:

"meirman" wrote in message
.. .

Am I obliged or at least in practice, if I want to get along with him,
stuck paying so much for part of the fence replacement with my
neighbor. I was prepared to pay 1/2 of 1/3 which I thought might be
30 or 40 dollars, but he says half of the one part we share is $125.

Who owns the fence? Was the original a shared cost?

It was built by the builder of the whole development, every pair of
houses has one, and the section we share was replaced once by the
woman who lives there now (maybe the fourth owner), but now she is
married to this guy. That time she didn't tell me she was going to do
it, didn't ask for anything from me, and the workers may or may not
have come around to my side to work on it (no evidence either way.)

If so, you may have
some obligation, if not you should have no obligation. If you don't want the
fence and do not share ownership, you should not have to pay anything.

Meirman
--
If emailing, please let me know whether
or not you are posting the same letter.