KLS

On Sat, 13 Aug 2005 21:16:21 GMT, "John Smith"
wrote:

About 3 months I found a 3/8" copper pipe had burst over the winter. I
didn't have any 3/8" pipe or fittings, so I patched it with silicone tape
and cable ties.
I posted here to ask how durable it was, and everyone told me I was crazy.
Well, it started leaking; though it worked for three months. I think maybe
it couldn't handle the expansion and contraction.

Now, I have some rubber tubing from an old gas grill, that just happens to
be a perfect (snug, but possible) fit for the 3/8" pipe. It looks stronger
than a garden hose, so I presume it can take my 40psi. Can I cut the bad
section of pipe out and slip the rubber tubing over the ends; using the
clamps (the name escapes me at the moment; the strap clamps that tighten
with a screwdriver) to secure them in place. Yeh, I know it is mickymouse,
but it ought to work. No?

For a while, it'll work. However, why don't you redirect your
energies to a correct and final solution that will allow you to go on
with the rest of your life instead of returning to this same project
repeatedly? Several posters here have mentioned that Copper Bond
works great for those who would rather not sweat new copper
connections, so my advice to you is to buy this product as well as the
requisite length of copper and the two sleeves you need to finish up
the piping job. Cut out the split piece of copper and do a correct
repair.

Why are you ****ing around with such "mickymouse" approaches and
wasting your time?