I R Baboon

did you own my house before me?

"John Smith" wrote in message
About 3 months I found a 3/8" copper pipe had burst over the winter. I
didn't have any 3/8" pipe or fittings, so I patched it with silicone tape
and cable ties.
I posted here to ask how durable it was, and everyone told me I was crazy.
Well, it started leaking; though it worked for three months. I think

maybe
it couldn't handle the expansion and contraction.

Now, I have some rubber tubing from an old gas grill, that just happens to
be a perfect (snug, but possible) fit for the 3/8" pipe. It looks

stronger
than a garden hose, so I presume it can take my 40psi. Can I cut the bad
section of pipe out and slip the rubber tubing over the ends; using the
clamps (the name escapes me at the moment; the strap clamps that tighten
with a screwdriver) to secure them in place. Yeh, I know it is

mickymouse,
but it ought to work. No?
The only thing on the broken pipe is my dishwasher, so it would be hot
water.
The reason I don't just do it right is that I only have about 8" in the
crawlspace, so doing anything is difficult; which is probably why it

didn't
have enough slope in the first place to drain properly.