meirman

In alt.home.repair on Sat, 13 Aug 2005 03:04:06 GMT Ignoramus19325
posted:

On Fri, 12 Aug 2005 22:01:13 -0500, Iowa883 wrote:
Is it a hydrostat or gear transmission ?

Honestly, I do not know, but my guess would be gear or belts. I just
got the engine running (the seller could not get it to run) and was
happy with that.

Congratulations.

I know just how you feel. I bought an airpump and lawnmower at a
junk yard for 20 dollars. Fixed the little airpump first - replaced
the 4-diode thingy -- and then tried to figure out what to do with it.
Not much, but I'm happy anyhow.

May have fixed the lawnmower, but I folded it for the winter and don't
want to dig it out since the other one works now. I've found 3 more
lawnmowers in the trash since Spring. Yesterday's looks brand new,
don't know what's wrong with it, and another loks one about a week old
-- needs an electronic magneto ($40 dollars) and caps for the oil and
gas (about $10 or 15) Well worth fixing, except I have two mowers that
work now.

Meirman
--
If emailing, please let me know whether