Doug Miller

In article , "TURTLE" wrote:

Now what I did up above by just putting 20 light bulbs on a 20 amp breaker is
Nothing wrong with doing it. You had said it was wrong well i tell you it is
nothing wrong with it if i wanted to do it.

Please read more carefully, Turtle. I never said that putting only 20 100W
bulbs on a 20A breaker was wrong -- I said you were wrong to claim that 19
bulbs was the maximum permitted because of the 80% rule.

Now you can explain any wrong as
NEC goes please explain it to me.

I've explained it several times already, but you're not paying attention.
Let's try again. The 80% rule applies to continuous loads. Residential
lighting is not a "continuous load" as defined in the NEC. Therefore the 80%
rule does not apply to residential lighting circuits.

Let me explain to you what right and wrong is.
Right is you can do it. Wrong is you Can't do it.

Yep, and by that definition putting twenty-four 100W light bulbs on a 20A 120V
circuit is right. So is twenty bulbs. Or five bulbs. Or one.

Now take these two words and
explain wrong as you say above here.

There's nothing wrong with loading a circuit to less than its capacity. What's
wrong is your understanding of the capacity of a 20A circuit when used for
residential lighting, and your understanding of the 80% rule.

--
Regards,