W.D.

Thanks. Probably not worth the investment given that the solution may not
even work anyhow. Looks like I'll be spending some money to fix this one
right... :-(

W.D.

"Ralph Mowery" wrote in message
ink.net...

"W.D." wdanis at NO SPAM dot yahoo dot com wrote in message
Tried the drilling solution w/a 5/8" diameter 13" long masonry drill and
couldn't even punch through the concrete! I was able to get down about

3-4"
after about 15-20 minutes of effort but that was it. I'm wondering if

there
is some kind of steel basin that the concrete was poured into that the

drill
bit can't penetrate? I paid $15 bucks for a decent bit so don't think

that's
the issue. Weird...

For holes deep in the concrete you need what is called a hammer drill.
While the bit turns it also moves up and down to help punch the hole.