This site spells it out pretty completely .. .. ..

http://www.truetex.com/garage.htm

I did mine last winter, and it went very smoothly & only took a few
hours. You really should do both sides together. They have a limited
number of cycles, and if one broke, the other probably isn't far behind.
The only "specialty" tools you'll need are a pair of 1/2" diameter X
18" long winding rods. Just go slow and easy & it's a pretty simple
operation.

All,

I've never replaced a garage door torsion spring and one of my two is
broken.
26" 1.75 ID .2187 Diameter RH spring is broke.
I probably should replace both at the same time, correct?
Reading through a couple of "how to" websites the replacement doesn't seem
all that difficult - just dangerous in a couple of instances and time
consuming.
For those of you who have accomplished this yourself or have had a pro do
it,
what would you recommend? I'm pretty handy (worked framing, plumbing,
electrical
[no garage door experience] finish carpentry etc for 7 summers) but I'm not
sure that
there are any additional tips/tricks (words of wisdom - I've seen the posts
before!) that
you could provide?

Thanks,

Djay