zxcvbob

Curly Sue wrote:
On Fri, 12 Aug 2005 13:22:15 GMT, "Sacramento Dave"
wrote:

"FH" wrote in message

i've never had one, but i've been told that they use less water and are in
general better. can someone tell me why if that's true?

i'd like to know the pros and cons if anyone has any experience with them
both.

We just bought a Maytag Neptune. It's suppose to use a quarter of the

water. So that would mean less gas to heat water so that would be a savings.
I don't think the factor of water and gas savings would be as much as the
salesman say.We also bought the matching dryer. One thing mentioned was the
gasket on the door we were told the water dose not get that high.( I'm sure
water will never touch that door).

Does that mean that you can open the door while it's going and add
stuff? I wondered about that with the front-loaders.

I have a Frigidaire front loader. (the classic design with a small "port
hole" in the front center, unlike the Neptune) You can pull the timer
knob to pause it, and the door unlocks so you can add that dirty sock
you found after starting the load. The water comes up just below the
door. If you used too much soap a little suds may spill out, but that's it.

Best regards,
Bob