Colin Wilson

I run Windows XP Home. Swimbo just purchased a new PC. I want to save My
Documents (550MB) to a CD so I can re load it on to the new machine.
The alleged Wizard keeps coming up with the error message that it can't
complete the task.

Try copying the data to a different directory i.e. c:\mystuff - and burn
at a slow-ish speed (12x is a fairly safe bet) - that way, if its an
error due to a file lock / file being written as it tries to burn,
you`re using a different file to the one being altered.

You might also want to temporarily enable file sharing on that
directory, just in case XP tries keeping it locked to your account.

Are you in the right account for accessing the data concerned ? - that
could be part of the problem...