Rembrandt Kuipers

David Lang wrote:
I run Windows XP Home. Swimbo just purchased a new PC. I want to save My
Documents (550MB) to a CD so I can re load it on to the new machine.

Have you tried splitting it into two CDs instead of one?

The alleged Wizard keeps coming up with the error message that it can't
complete the task.

Any more details about why? Access denied?

I've shut down & re started, I've run Norton Win Doctor, Norton OBC and
Windows Registry Repair. I've uninstalled & reinstalled the CD device
driver. I've downloaded & tried Nero and Deepburner, both of which come up
with error messages.

What do the error messages say?

I have a very large hammer on standby - but I can't afford to lose any of my
stuff.

It is high time you got a backup strategy worked out then!

Could I upload My Docs to the web somehow & download it again?

What sort of internet access do you have? (You can do it, but it could
take a long time. With ADSL it should be slow but manageable.)

There are a variety of ways to transfer files between PCs without using
an internet connection though. If you have ADSL, you probably also have
a network connection. I presume the new computer does too. In which case
a crossover cable should enable you to network the two computers.

Other strategies include transferring a hard drive, serial port
connection, USB connection, and writing to a memory card.

Rem