David Lang

Hi

OK, didn't want to tie up the group - but!

I run Windows XP Home. Swimbo just purchased a new PC. I want to save My
Documents (550MB) to a CD so I can re load it on to the new machine.

The alleged Wizard keeps coming up with the error message that it can't
complete the task.

I've shut down & re started, I've run Norton Win Doctor, Norton OBC and
Windows Registry Repair. I've uninstalled & reinstalled the CD device
driver. I've downloaded & tried Nero and Deepburner, both of which come up
with error messages.

I've tried 4 brand new CD RW discs - Memorex 16x-24x. I've been onto
Microsoft's alleged help FAQ and tried what they suggested.

If you put a CD into the drive you can read it no problem. I've tried just
about everything I can think of!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have a very large hammer on standby - but I can't afford to lose any of my
stuff.

Could I upload My Docs to the web somehow & download it again?

Dave