Highland Pairos

I found my manual (amazing) and read the same thing. I already have a
dampening ring on the way. We'll see how it works in 4-6 days.

SteveP.

"Allyn Vaughn" wrote in message
On Sat, 13 Aug 2005 15:13:40 GMT, "Highland Pairos"
wrote:

Thanks folks. I know about the issues with silicone and that's why I
didn't
just try that solution without some input. Ed and Allyn thoughts about a
wear component that effects the orbital actions makes sense. When I have
it
on the piece and under load it seems like it only spins and that there is
no
orbit to 'redirect' the motion. It might makes sense that a wearing or
worn
part would let it orbit with no load (which it does) but is too worn to do
it under load.

Course now I have to try and find the manual.

Snip

From the Bosch web-site on sanders:
http://www.boschtools.com/tools/tool...175979&G=54925

Find you model and click on the link and it will give you a link to
the owner's manual and part diagram. Not sure which one you have, but
from the varibale speed manual:

"NOTE: If you notice steadily increasing no-load speed, this
indicates that the damper ring is worn and needs to be replaced."

According to the manual, the damper ring is used to reduce no-load
speed to prevent accidental marking of the workpiece...

Allyn