Topper39

My wife was unsure, but once we got used to it she now says we will
never go back to a top load washer.

Pros:

A lot less water. My Kenmore uses 14 gal/load compared to 40/load on a
top loader. At 10 loads per week (easy with 3 kids) thats thousands of
gallons a year.

I also use less enrgy to heat the water.

I do fewer loads per week. In my old top loader if you overstuffed it
the cloths on top would not even get wet during the wash cycle. This
will wash what I can put into it.

It takes better care of clothes by not having an agitator. This will
my your clothes last longer, saving even more money. Being gentler it
also lets me wash things I never could before, delicates,
Handwashables. I washed an outfit that had a maribou trim (feathers
for you guys without little girls).

With a faster spin speed the clothes come out with less moisture.
meaning less time spent in the Dryer.

Cons:
Wrinkles. If you use the faster spin speeds (1000 rpm on mine) your
mice shirts will have more wrinkles and need to be pressed. Use Normal
spin for dress shirts and Fast for towels and sheets.

You need the HE soap. I just buy the Sears brand with Oxiclean in it
when it goes on sale.

Takes a little getting used to. Seems too quiet when washing and
sounds like it is going to take off when the Spin starts. Things don't
drop back in when you drop them.

Because the clothes are damp instead of wet when the wash is done they
need to be moved to the dryer instead of being left in the wash a
couple of days.

Curly Sue wrote:
On Fri, 12 Aug 2005 13:22:15 GMT, "Sacramento Dave"