mac davis

On Fri, 12 Aug 2005 17:16:42 -0400, "J. Clarke"
wrote:

mac davis wrote:

On Tue, 09 Aug 2005 21:30:10 -0400, Leo Van Der Loo
wrote:

Hi George

Yes that works real well also, I don't have a burr mill, and use the end
of a stanley knife blade on a dremel arbor, load some small chunks in a
glass jar end shake the dremel/jar combo until I have enough small, fine
and coarse pieces, I think your burr mill would do a nicer job but this
works also.
As the question was about the coffee ground, I didn't include this way
of improving things, and yes I think in some cases this (bark) does a
much nicer job.

Have fun and take care
Leo Van Der Loo

George wrote:

My earlier didn't make it through my ISP, but putting some bark through
burr mill makes a great filler that looks absolutely natural in a bark
pocket. You can grind coarse or fine, and filling below the line and
sprinkling the rest on top of accelerated CA gives you something that
takes
a finish almost like the real stuff. With epoxy or CA solid, you have
to "tooth" it to get a varnish to stick and equalize the appearance.

Big cracks are stuffed with bigger unground chunks, and look pretty good
as well.

I'm not sure, but a Burr Mill might be a coffee grinder?
Bought one for the RV last week for about $15...
It seems like it would work well, except that your only control of
course/fine is how long you run the grinder..

That's a blade grinder. You can also get coffee grinders that use a burr.
With those you adjust the grind by the position of the burr. They're
harder to find and more expensive.

Thanks, John... the whole grinder thing makes more sense to me now...
I'll have to look into a couple of those (1 for wife, 1 for shop) since my wife
is a coffee "gourmet" and I'm a "red can" sorta guy.. *g*

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing