Harry K

Ignoramus19325 wrote:
I recently bought (for $50, non working condition) and fixed up a
little a used 10 HP Sears Craftsman garden tractor.

It is relatively heavy. Maybe 300 lbs or so. With me on it, it would
be 475 lbs.

Sometimes I need to move heavy things. Can I use this tractor to help
them move along? Is the transmission/drive/engine designed for that?

As a related thought, do they take snow plowing attachments?

thanks

I had a 10hp Bolens way back when. Used it for tilling, mowing,
towing, snow pushing. Of course Bolens was built with cast iron axles
and heavy steel frame, my guess is the Craftsman is probably built with
light steel stampings. In order to push snow with that light of a
tractor the question comes down to traction. In my case I had the rear
wheels liquid filled and had wheel weights also, could have used even
more weight but it was useful.

Harry K