twfsa

I had my roof replaced 32 sqs. the difference between the 3 tab asphault and
the asphault architectural $500(looks like a shake shingle).

Tom

"spoon2001" wrote in message
We had a hailstorm in our area and many people have had their roofs
replaced in recent months. I am currently dealing with a roofer's
representative about replacing the roof. The insurance adjuster came out
and he has made his report. Here is summary:

shingle tear out, 36 sq at $20
replace shingles, 3-tab, 41 sq at $101
steep slope allowance, 41 sq at $12
repaint fascia and metal awning
exhaust vent / plumbing vent replacement
window screen replacment
outbuilding roof replacement

Roofer is proposing to replace asphalt 3-tab with Pinnacle 30-year
architectural shingles. I don't have anything in writing yet, but he is
saying that the Pinnacle 30s would cost me $20 more per square than the
$101 quoted in the adjuster's report, in other words, around $121 /
square.

The adjusters report included payment for work that I'm not likely to have
done (replace screens for windows, when I want to replace the windows
instead; new roof on an out-building that I will ultimately bring down.)
Roofer rep says he'll bill me for the whole job and then when I pay,
they'll send a check back for the work budgeted by the adjuster but wasn't
done.

I just want to make sure that I'm getting a fair deal and want to make
sure that everything is done right, but I am very ignorant about roofing.
I just want to be assured that they aren't charging too much for the roof
replacement (have done Google searches on Pinnacle prices, haven't found
much yet), and that they do all the work needed as it should be done.
e.g. not doing the cheapest job possible, cutting corners, for the fixed
price.

Can anybody give me any advice on these questions or point me to a good
website?