Ian Clowes

Default What's wrong with my wall?

Duncan Lees duncan-at-snsys-dot-com wrote in message ...
Good idea about the insulation, I'd not considered that. Might as well
do it since the wall will need replastering anyway. Any idea why the
plaster in the rest of the house isn't doing the same though?

-Duncan

Hi

In a similar aged house, we had two walls only that were badly blown
and needed skimming when we moved in. Slightly oddly enough they were
directly above and below each other on adjacent floors.

The suggestion was that they'd been done on a particulalry hot day in
1935, so the plaster had dried a little too quickly and not 'taken'
quite as well as all the other walls. I'm not sure how likely I
consider this to be, but that is what was proposed.

Ours were internal walls. As yours are external I guess a heavy frost
on just that wall might have had a similar effect, as well as the heat
thing which may have affected ours. Maybe they were plastered on the
same day all those years ago?

HTH
IanC