Andy Hall

On Sat, 13 Aug 2005 07:10:41 +0100, dave stanton
wrote:

Ok, so *why* do we then Dave?

Is it something we are programmed to do?

I believe the Germans are actually worse than us for 'falling in' with
all the rules and regs (without question) but the rest ..?

All the best ..

T i m

I think because the British have always ' played fair' and by the rules.
The rest of europe says to hell with it.

Cheers

DAve

Untrue.

IMCE, this is very much a north/south issue or perhaps a cultural one
in Europe.

Countries further north or with a Germanic language/cultural root tend
to have a more proceduralised environment and usually do tend to work
by and to follow rules.

Those further south with more of a Latin language/cultural root tend
to have the rules, but frequently apply them just when something bad
happens.

In that sense, it is not all that surprising, that the British, having
a mixture of the two (plus others), tend to adopt something in
between.

--

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl